Word of Mouth Marketing
of mouth marketing is so important it is now a multibillion
For you: Word of Mouth Marketing is the most
important and most cost effective marketing method for your products
How do you amplify your word of mouth marketing?
The basics are: keep your customers happy. If you are doing
right by them, then they will spread the word about you. People
love to talk, to share ideas and opinions - give them that opportunity
whenever you can.
- Creating communities: Find the right people to talk about
you, create advocates.
- Who is your ideal client, define them then target them.
Those are the people who will benefit the most from your
product or service and want to talk about it.
- Developing tools that enable people to share their opinions
- Blog, newsletters, forums: make it easy for them to
share their expereinces with others
- Motivating advocates and evangelists to actively promote
- Satisfy them, make them happy & excited
- Giving advocates information that they can share
- Email them,
give a free sample, make yourself accessable to feedback.
- Participate in the conversations
- Let those people know that you are listening, that you
care, that what they think MATTERS to you
- Researching and tracking online conversations
Word of Mouth Marketing Resources:
The following resources are from Andy Sernovitz, author of
Word of Mouth Marketing, How Smart Companies Get People Talking.
Free Paper: Everything You Need to Know about Word of Mouth
Paper: The Word of Mouth Marketing Manifesto
Worksheet: The Five T's for your Word of Mouth Campaign